OM 305 G S23
Test 1 Material
Quiz1 (in class): enter answers on 2/23/23.
Test 1 (in class) enter answers on 3/2/23. Open notes.
Based on facts and verifiable evidence (no opinions, please answer this question: Who is the "Useful Idiot"? Is it Mr. Kisin or the Environmentalist Greta Thunberg?
Definitions of an Useful Idiot:
In political jargon, a useful idiot is a term currently used to reference a person perceived as propagandizing for a cause—particularly a bad cause originating from a devious, ruthless source—without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically being used by the cause's leaders.
A naive or credulous person who can be manipulated or exploited to advance a cause or political agenda
The Analytical Process Flow:
1.Specify the dependent variable (one question that you will answer). For example: If the position is to "Do nothing" what will be the impact on the shareholders and the stakeholders. Conversely, if the position is to switch to renewable energy, what will be the impact on the shareholders and stakeholders.
2. Define the rules (what is the step-by-step methodology that you plan to follow.
3. Define the key independent variables (the drivers of the decision).
4. Use the provided Strawman to fine-tune your model.
5. Collect relevant facts (not opinions, believes, preferences, etc.). Consider the; volume, velocity, variety, and veracity of data that you plan to use.
6. Populate the model with your data.
7. Exercise your model (what-if analysis) to identify possible options.
8. Identify the best option.
9. Draw your conclusion (answer the question that was asked)
Click below to listen to these two speeches
The Powerpoint version of the text.